Opinion asked para battle dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion asked para battle dress

Gentelmen, I like to have your opinion about the patches re sewed on this nice battle dress. I am interested in buying it. Thank you so much for the replies.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This is how I am used to seen British insignia sewn. The pegasus patches look problematic.
          Attached Files

Comment

Can't tell much about the badges and ribbons themselves, but I'm pretty confident that they haven't been on that tunic for long. The ribbons in particular. Badges which have been worn on a uniuform piece for any lenght of time, especially if it has been cleaned/washed tend to look as if they have 'sunken' into the surface of the tunic.

I also think I can see that all of the arm badges are machine sewn to the tunic, which would be unusual as well.

Something done up for display/re-enactment perhaps?

Comment

hoi Peter

i am the owner of the jacket,,

the badges are original, they comes from a verry good seller,,, but they are resewed on the tunic,,,
              thats correct ,, i think you do not find an original jacket with original sewed badges for that price,,,
              i bought the jacket and later the pegasus badges ,,, i have payed all togheter 650 euro, now i aske 550 euro

thanks for your advice

cheers Bruno

Comment

In my experience, all machine sewn insignia is not a problem.

Comment

Apart from what has been posted above, the ribbons are on backwards.

Marc

Comment

As already posted, the pegasus patches do not appear good IMO which is wherre half the value of a put together item such as this lies, the BD is £100-150, the wings are £50-60, the the stripes £20, the peggies if good are £150, total about £350 which is just under 400 euros. even if all good, why it is 550 euros is beyond me and as I already said I could doubt the peggies, really need to see better pics than these. If it was all original untouched then the value would be higher than being asked perhaps, but that is not the case.

Comment

thanks guys for opinions

hmmm some people say the patches are original and other they say copy,

ok i bought them for original,,,

cheers Bruno

Comment

Henk,

In my opinion the pegasus patches are probably fake. You will need to see the backs of the patches to by 100% sure. Wings possible fakes also.

The medal ribbons have been put on upside down, and appear in reverse order. The campaign medals would have been awarded after the end of the war so (with the exception of the 1939-45 Star and Africa Star ribbon) the wearing of all the ribbons indicates a post-wartime BD.

As said my opinion, I may be proven wrong...

Keith

Comment

hello guys

thanks for the help and opinions,,,i have send an e mail to Henk

cheers Bruno

Comment

Dear Bruno and all who replied. Bruno, Thank you for the possibility to check the jacket on the forum. Sorry, that it is not what we expected.
                            Thank you al for the reply and your opinion.

Regards, Henk

Comment

The Pegasus patches are totally original glue back pattern.

Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X