Clear All

british medal forum Down?

Are BMF down/crashed?
    I can not access the site - for a few
    days now.

Or is it just me?

BR
    Nicolai

You didn't try to sell 0.001 items too many on their sales section did you? Someone likely squeeled like a little girl on you.

Comment

Hi

Hi

I had a few items for sale. But not over the limit.
      I am not aware I have done anything wrong.
      But the rules on the site are a bit
      complicated, so it's possible. However I have tried
      access from a few devices, also from a device /
      connection not used before.

BR
      Nicolai

Comment

website down at the moment.

tystgaard, how long you been a member there?

Comment

Thanks

Thanks... I am happy it's not just me.
          I have been a member there a few years. Maybe 4-5 years.

BR
          Nicolai

Originally posted by redline09 View Post
          website down at the moment.

tystgaard, how long you been a member there?

Comment

It is back up now, but was crashed for me yesterday and the day before.

It is a tetchy place, I have had threads closed because of some minor rule infringement about items/subject matter not being within very strict parameters.

The sales cap seems a bit ott, having a limit of 20 per year and having to number each one.

Comment

Thanks

I wish it was more like Estand, much easier and better.
              On the other hand its a 100% free selling forum,
              so will not complain about it:-)

British medal values and profit by selling them, seem
              to be a controversial subject in UK.

BR
              Nicolai

Comment

I really like the British Badge Forum.

Its got some great info & knowledgeable people on there, but reading the tetchy responses to simple "infringements" & the labyrinthine rules always make me laugh.

Oh & the way you can rarely get 2 "experts" to agree on anything

Comment

I too have been registered on this site for perhaps 3-4 years, having collected British medals for over 25 years,
                  Indeed, the site seems to be VERY touchy, and regimented. God forbid that you ever bring up medal prices; that's a real no-no.
                  Since medal prices have increased so dramatically over the years, discussion of the same should damn well be allowed, IMHO.
                  I must say I have mixed feelings about this site's usefulness.

Bob Shoaf
                  Last edited by Robert Shoaf; 06-26-2017, 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Yes I got bolloxed for not numbering some medals I was selling ! You can't bring up anything really unless it is purely medal related . Still its a useful site with some knowledgeable folk . Rob
                    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I too was chastised and had my post deleted as I was discussing a non-military medal to a Victorian engineer, and also another post deleted which was offering a medal for sale because I had not made the requisite 100 posts!

In general the British and Commonwealth medal collecting world are a wierd up-tight lot who think collecting medals a cut-above the rest of us.

The medals themselves are nice items but it is the stories of the medal winners I find fascinating. But just how many WW1 trios and pairs does one need when they are mostly repetitive?
                      Another thing about WW1 medals I always fail to understand is why medals to first day of the Somme casualties are so expensive? The first day of the Somme was absolute carnage and casualties commonplace when compared to most other battles.

It is such a pity the British Second World War campaign stars were not (officially) named, as there would be many interesting tales revealed if they were named.
                      Similarly it would have been very interesting if all WW2 German medals had been named also. Yes there are the award Documents and Soldbuch/Wehrpass to identify the recipient, but wouldn't it be nice to know who was awarded each Iron Cross, Russian Front medal etc...

Keith

Comment

tystgaard, i was only wondering how long you have been a member because several years back (4/5years?), they had a pretty good section where members could get advice regarding how much their medals were worth... unfortunately they decided to get rid of it as they felt people were "using" the forums, then over time the forums got stricter.

there is a long list of things you cant talk about on the british-medal forum, most of which you only find out when your thread disappears

(when i was new, i once listed a wanted advert looking for german medals... it lasted about 2mins )

Comment

Originally posted by welrod_man View Post
                          I really like the British Badge Forum.

Its got some great info & knowledgeable people on there, but reading the tetchy responses to simple "infringements" & the labyrinthine rules always make me laugh.

Oh & the way you can rarely get 2 "experts" to agree on anything
                          These days you are lucky if you can get two people answer a thread never mind agree on anything.

Still a great resource, but mostly I search old threads when the members were more willing to reply to questions.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X