Questionable Tanker Masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questionable Tanker Masks

I have noticed these questionable masks coming out of the UK recently, and thought I'd post what is being listed. These are not the only masks out there that I do not consider genuine, but these seem to be the most recent type. The following are from three different ebay listings.

Caveat emptor!

Good post , all fake . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Luckily not very convincing

Comment

Some of these are probably being created for re-enactors and 'collectors' of WWI kit. Whethewr they are presented as reproduction or 'real' is, of course, what distinguishes 'copy' from 'fake' but I suspect that at least originally many were not inended to fool anyone.

A friend who makes museum quality 19th century uniforms not infrequently sees his wares re-sold as 'original' and, sadly, there is no easy way to avoid this, as at least with this sort of item, anything which can be added can be removed, unlike say copy medals which can be stapmed 'copy'.

Comment

I agree with the assessment that these are not convincing, but I've posted the examples because someone is buying them. I hope by bringing light to these examples someone will be saved from continuing the mistake.

I would like to see manufacturers of reproductions to clearly mark their items in a permanent manner. Some do, but many do not, and they are hardly blameless if their materials are later sold as real.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X