Victory Medal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory Medal question

Try to value Victory Medals and maybe some of you can guide me a bit.
    1. A Standard, means from large major Corps
    2. Scottish Units
    3. A RN Ships Boy, I think there're not many around.
    Shown is the Ships Boy, the others are still boxed.
    Attached Files

A good condition VM to a corps would start at about £15, for regiments add £5-10, Officers add same again or more, something special such as boy sailor maybe the same or a bit more, gallantry medal winners the same, but there are no hard and fast rules or prices IMO. Condition affects the value of medals in general but not as much as on unnamed medals. As always prices depend on so many factors and who is bidding/buying on any day. even things such as the surname might affect value as many collect to the name, some collect to the regiment, others to officers, some on;y collect gallantry medal winners, I mostly only collect medals with a welsh interest for instance but I have bought medals because they were an interesting rank, or my family surname etc....

I should also add there are manufacturing variations which also can have an effect on value.

Comment

If they are Irish they have a premium also, and loads of other things as mentioned above . Rob
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I personally sell at these prices,

Corps - Royal Artillery, Royal Army Medical corps etc - £8 to £10

Standard Royal Navy or Royal Navy Reserve £10

Line regiment Highland light Infantry, Yorkshire Regiment etc - £12 to £15.

Obviously cavalry, RAF/RFC, causalities or gallantry winners are more

Comment

Thanks for all your Input so far.

Comment

Do you have the names on the victory medals as for army some records survive for royal navy I think the records are all available as for royal airforce I think some survive so if you post them I'm sure we can help with some basic info

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X