X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible rimless brodie

would like more eyes on this, thank you

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=915288

The helmet looks original, but because of the background it is likely to be from a seller who is well known for offering a lot of pimped helmets and other items so don't buy it thinking the flash is original to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
      The helmet looks original, but because of the background it is likely to be from a seller who is well known for offering a lot of pimped helmets and other items so don't buy it thinking the flash is original to it.

Wise words

Comment

you're scaring me now. i guess i just don't see how picture background can command such suspicion... i will post better pics when in hand.

Comment

Did you buy it from a UK e-bay seller ?

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
            Did you buy it from a UK e-bay seller ?
            no, it's coming from Illinois. if outside Chicago then i will assume it won't have any bullet holes

i think you may have been thinking of another seller...

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffenkopf View Post
              no, it's coming from Illinois. if outside Chicago then i will assume it won't have any bullet holes

i think you may have been thinking of another seller...
              There are two sellers on ebay Uk who use multiple seller id's but all use the same blue background to their pics and are known for adding flashs to helmets and dates or names to other items to increase their value by claiming top be from famous people/units.

Good to hear its not from one of them, though they have been selling for a while and it is likely that sooner or later these items will reappear for sale.

I have seen resellers using the original sellers pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
                There are two sellers on ebay Uk who use multiple seller id's but all use the same blue background to their pics and are known for adding flashs to helmets and dates or names to other items to increase their value by claiming top be from famous people/units.

Good to hear its not from one of them, though they have been selling for a while and it is likely that sooner or later these items will reappear for sale.

I have seen resellers using the original sellers pics.
                WOW. i have serious concerns about the authenticity of this helmet now. it's on its way to me and i will post better pics when in hand. this could be one of the helmets from that UK seller that you mention being sold down by a US collector who got taken by him, or perhaps the background could just be similar to the one used by the UK seller and this helmet is right as rain. we will soon see.

i'm also getting other info on GHW it seems about the same helmet being sold by a different seller. the plot thickens...

http://www.ghw2.com/topic/55326-aef-...vision-helmet/

Comment

Glad It is not from the notorious UK seller with multiple IDs.
                  Fingers crossed it will be OK.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X