cordially
    ced

hi
    no one to help me?

thank's
    cordially
    ced

Comment

It is a Snider-Enfield carbine, made by the British. They converted muzzle loading Enfield muskets and carbines to breech loaders bay inserting the Snider action.

First manufactured in 1866 but I see a '67' on this one, so it may be an early conversion. I think it's an artillery carbine - two bands and a a bayonet lug - rather than the cavalry version but I have no idea whether or not it is original or a copy/fake/repro. The originals are quite collectible and modern copy/conversions were quite common at one time.

Here is a quick reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snider%E2%80%93Enfield

Peter

Comment

hi

"copy/fake/repro"

of course it's original

I found an article in French
        It is the model 1855.67 manufactured in 1857

http://fr.1001mags.com/parution/gaze...texte-integral

cordially ced
        Last edited by CED13000; 05-30-2017, 12:58 AM.

Comment

CED

I should have been more specific. I wasn't suggesting that the carbine you have is fake or repro, only that a number of the originals in rifle length were cut down and turned into 'carbines' because the carbines were far more saleable. I know that this was done here In Canada in the 1980s and I suspect it was done elsewhere. I have no opinion, based on photos alone, about this particular item.

Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X