SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ARP experts? Help with battledress blouse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ARP experts? Help with battledress blouse.

Afternoon folks,

Picked up a couple of ARP blouses at a market the other day, looked to be the standard wartime ones (etc exposed buttons on breast pockets), however there are a couple of slight differences. The first is 'Blouse ARP 59a', whilst the other is 'Blouses ARP 59b', they have different buckles (the 59b has the early pattern sliding buckle but in black whilst the 59a has the larger later war clasp buckle used on the austerity battledress blouse. What is the difference between the 59a and 59b? Is there any significance in them? They must be relatively rare as I've never seen them before, the only homefront battledress I've had prior have been ARP greatcoats and some CD and ARP rescue party trousers. Many thanks guys! Can post pictures at the weekend.

We will wait till the weekend then . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

So as promised the photos, firstly my apologies they are both of the 59a variant - blame the eyesight. However they still have significant differences that I can't explain e.g the lining, the buckles, buttons on the cuffs fastened differently. Are these rare pieces? When did this variant stop production in favour of the post war variants? I can't say I've seen them before. Any information is welcomed. Cheers Guys! Photo link to follow.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e3xcj9bwr...psgkmIX7a?dl=0

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X