British Army radio help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Army radio help please

I've had this a while and wondered at the period of when it was used, late 40's 50's maybe 60's even.

Any ideas on this, I don't know to much about radios but I don't think you'd reach to far on this !!!! 10-15 miles if you're lucky maybe. Or is for use in a vehicle ??

Any help and ideas would be great.

Kr

Marcus
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I just found a site on them.....what some people collect eh ! It was issued in 1945.
        Thanks for looking, oh and the range was up to a mile (1 mile)........!!!! And it needed a 12 ft aerial for that !!!!! Good grief

Comment

Oh Dear

Not too different from clansman then
          And we still use them

Comment

Ws38

There's an example of one of these WS38 sets in the Hartenstein Airborne museum - Oosterbeek ... which was retrieved from the Polish DZ "K" a couple of years ago from a "lost" supply cannister that was unearthed during redevelopment.

I'm sure Ade can confirm that these were a more popular light-weight set, and there are a few photo's around of airborne troops using them ...

Gary J.

Comment

Hi !
              This is Wireless Set No. 38 Mk III. Several information what are on website Wireless for the Warrior
              Citation:
              "Wireless Set No. 38 Mk.3 was based on the No. 38 Mk. II* model but with a much improved netting and tuning facility. In addition, it was tropicalised (hermetically sealed in a die-cast aluminium case) and carried on the operator's back, the control being a mechanically operated remote control. The basic circuit compared to the Mk.II* is not changed very much.
              Crystal calibrator No. 9 fitted to the case for calibrating and netting.
              Case hermetically sealed and tropicalised.
              Standard 150V/3V No. 38 Set battery.
              Issued in 1945.
              Manufactured at Murphy Radio Ltd."
              If someone has elements parts or webb equipment to
              Wireless Set 38 Mk II or
              Wireless Set 38 Mk II*
              I ask about information .
              Greetings - Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X