Mills waist belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mills waist belt

Anybody knows who used these belts with orange straps in the rear buckles?
    Attached Files

Someone has modified a Mills belt - to take shoulder straps - with a couple buckles from an older pattern belt or pouch. Could be British, Canadian, Aussie, etc.

Comment

Concur with the post above to an extent. I've recently seen an 08 pattern belt with the back buckles removed and then re-attached at a later date. This was perhaps for the purpose of using it for 'passing out' and other ceremonial occasions - don't see why they couldn't have done the same to a 37. As to the colour of the back buckle straps i'm afraid I can't help you. There was Khaki 61 blanco that gave a slightly orange tint but nothing quite as bold as the colour displayed here. Is the belt dated at all or does it have any maker markings? My thoughts are it may be a post war addition.

Comment

Yes, they are very orange, aren't they. I've actually had to add the back buckles to a repro. Pattern '08 belt for a WWI impression, which Is why I said what I did. I suspect such 'mods', done by individuals or units, were fairly common in the inter-war and post-war periods, when there was bales of webbing around and no one was going to order more till it was all gone.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X