Aircraft Parts? Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aircraft Parts? Help!!!!

Hi all, hope you can help me out here! some pics of items i have recently "gathered" and was wondering what they were (other than the obvious) ie what aircraft they would be from etc and period...any help would be great!!!!! thanks for looking...

Lee
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

3, Any ideas on these would help as i plan to sell them on estand...if anyone is interested in them please PM me...Best Regards Lee
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lee,

I can't help you to identify these, sorry. You could contact:
        http://www.spitfirespares.com/Spitfi...ages/home.html
        There is a very good market for spares, if described properly and listed properly.
        Good luck!
        Regards, Luc

Comment

Hi Lee,

The first 'instrument' is and it isn't as such. This looks like some sort of training or error rectifying device or indeed more calibration, more the later perhaps.

I can only think by looking at the 'feet' on it and the spirit level device, perhaps this is more the DGI alignment on the ground ??? A calibration instrument for the tech/ground guys not a nav or pilot. Over all though it's based or used in combination as a navigational instrument.

Garth Thompson, Mike Heuer and even our Tim Calvert will probably know about this more than I.

The Lat Nut (lattitude nut) you use this to compensate i.e torque for a specific lattitude & control the earth rate (ER). In other words it assimilates the DGI (Directional Gyro Indicator) to a specific latt and the ER : apparent drift at a set latt.

Declination (and hour angle) which go hand in hand with alitude and azimuth is to co ordinate to analogous (equivelant too) to latitude. Circles of declination are parallel to the Eguinoctial - which is a projection of the earths equator onto the celestial sphere.

Now the above crap you'd need a hour angle and altitude so you'd need a sextant for that.

So perhaps the first instrument is a DGI calibration intrument of sorts ??

The Carb gauge is just an engine instrument and as evidently depicted and temp gauge. This is giving you the temp of carburetter where the atomizing of the fuel, controling fuel to air mixture etc.

Kr

Marcus

PS On the first instrument you have North white and South red, this is for the North and South Hemisphere. Transport wander in the N'th hem east under read, west over read, and S'th hem east over read & west under read. And thats what that is all about calibrating the transport wander. Go along a meridian N'th or S'th TW will be zero and no change.
          Last edited by MH184; 03-04-2005, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the reply very interesting and informative......would you have any idea of what aircraft the temp gauge came off?

Lee

Comment

Not a clue Lee ? Are there any markings on the back of the carb temp or on the DGI thing ?

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X