Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance this 1914 star is good??

Hello everyone,
    I found this 1914 star recently. Ribbon and bar are repros anyway, but what about the star itself, any chance ist a good one?
    Thanks
    Harry
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure the back of the suspension ring is meant to be flat as this one is, but I could be wrong. More importatnt, I think, an unnamed original would be worth more than many named examples so it would odd to sell it as part of a 'repro.' set. But that's just my two cents worth.

Does anyone know of a good site comparing the originals and the repops?

Comment

An original that's had the name removed??

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
          An original that's had the name removed??
          Indeed, back is too flat for an original unless it has been ground down but otherwise it seems correct.

A shame that someones history was erased in this way but it happened and probably continues to happen, I have one renamed to a man who was not entitled to the star so probably done by him as he thought he deserved it or perhaps by his family who assumed he should have had a trio.

Comment

That makes sense. I have certainly seen groups in which someone has added the medals he thought he was entitled to but didn't get for various reasons, some good, some bureacratic. Yes, a name erased Star would make sense in the context, especially if it was added to a broken set by family or collector then removed by subsequent owners.

I once got myself in trouble selling - in a hurry - a framed trio, having forgotten over the years that I'd added a replacement for a missing medal, so the frame held badges and 2 of 3 medals to a British Indian Army officer and one to a Sowar. [embarassed icon here].

Comment

Well gents, thanks for all your comments. Seems the problem remains unsolved

Comment

Looks like a repo star to me . Rob
                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I agree with Robb, It looks like a Duffer. The image is not clear enough to be genuine.

Obvious differences compare it to this one.

Comment

repro, sorry to say

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X