Waterloo Medal on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterloo Medal on Ebay

Other than the replaced suspension I would like to here from other forum members on what they think of this waterloo medal or .

Ben

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...514393742&rd=1

I'd leave it alone. Suspected rename and different suspension his initial price is too high.

Comment

As things stand pricewise, 450 is about right for a Waterloo with discrepancies. I'm suspecting that the name is an unofficial correction, though I haven't consulted the Waterloo Roll. As for the suspender? These contemporary suspension variations are widespread on most of the early issues that utilised steel clips. They shouldn't detract that much from the price, although some Waterloo heads insist on the large, unsightly rusty ring. I actually prefer these quirky suspenders, as they lend the item more credence than something that's just... too perfect?

Comment

Coastie, good call on the engraving, I agree that the naming just doesn't look right but I do agree with our moderator that the replaced suspenisons do look better. Let me ask this; does anyone have any pics of good engraving for a waterloo medal as I am thinking of buying one but have not seen enough good ones to know a legit from a fake.

Ben

Comment

The naming on the medal being offered on eBay is fine - apart from the correction: AITKEN. Could really do with looking this bloke up.

Comment

There is a Private George Aitken in Captain Robert Boyle's Company, pg.238,

but no Alex Aitken.

Comment

Is there an Alex anybody listed under the 42nd?

Comment

There's 44 after one go thru. Why is there a colon : after the name Alex?

Never seen that before. Also 1st A is in "Times Roman" and the next A is not. Come to think of it, the whole 2nd name is a different font.
                Last edited by Jack T.; 03-02-2005, 01:21 PM. Reason: curious

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X