ANZAC use of US uniforms in Viet-Nam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANZAC use of US uniforms in Viet-Nam

I need some clarification please. I know that the ANZAC forces used some US uniforms during the Viet-Nam war, what side did the Australians sew their "Australian Armed Forces" patch on ? The Osprey book on ANZAC forces in Viet-Nam said the left side, but I have seen pictures of them wearing it on the right sleeve as well. What gives? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Arch

Originally posted by NKOMO
    I need some clarification please. I know that the ANZAC forces used some US uniforms during the Viet-Nam war, what side did the Australians sew their "Australian Armed Forces" patch on ? The Osprey book on ANZAC forces in Viet-Nam said the left side, but I have seen pictures of them wearing it on the right sleeve as well. What gives? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Arch
    Hi Arch
    What is stated Osprey is probably regulations. Anyone who has served in the military knows that regulations are far more flexible, we call it "rubbery"here in Oz, when you are in the field. Go with what you have seen and not with what you have read. You may find that many individuals sewed it on both arms to make identification more immediate and easy for foreign troops.

Regards
    Johnsy

Comment

Another question for you, how common was it for Australian forces to wear US ERDL camouflage uniforms and what units did this? Thanks again!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X