Burma star medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burma star medals

Just got this sad little box through the post ,as with a lot of these Burma star groups they seem never to have been worn .
    Attached Files
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

The medals .Burma star 1939-45 star Defence and War medals.
    Attached Files

Comment

I will probably buy some more Far east patches and frame them up like this .Rob.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robb, I too find it kind of sad that the medals were never worn. Glad that they have now gone to a good home and to some that will appreciate them.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Has the Chindit patch got the clips on the back???
          Irv

Comment

Hi Irv ,no clips on the Chindits patch ,the XV patch has little poppers on the back .Rob.

Comment

Rob,
              That's the ones! I've got two Chindit patches. One has four poppers on and the other has four hooks. Sign of a good one! That and getting it direct from the vet! Does it look like the Chindit patch had the hooks/poppers on?
              Irv

Originally posted by ROBB
              Hi Irv ,no clips on the Chindits patch ,the XV patch has little poppers on the back .Rob.

Comment

SNAP! I bought an RAF group exactly the same last weekend, look on the back of the box an you will see a records stamp eg RE, RA, RAF, RASC etc...

Comment

Hi Dan there is a brown label which says "in the event of non delivery .....................................return to O.i inantry and A.E.C. records ,record house York ".

Hi Irv no hooks on this one ,just plenty of wear and tear ,Rob.

Comment

Im not sure with that one normally they are self explainitry but I'd quess thats the records centre for all regiments or maybe just a York based one, but its for infantry as it says. If it was any other e.g. Engineers it would say, (Officer in Command) O.i/C R.E records centre Ditchling road Brighton Sussex.

So, does anybody know if thats for just a York Regiment or if all the Records were held there?.

Cant go wrong with Burma stars, and your display looks great.
                    Hope I helped you Robb.

Comment

Hi Dan all info is usefull . I agree Burma stars are great ,unfortunately a lot of medal groups are split up and sold separately ,so when I see them alltogether and they are reasonable enough I will have a go .Rob.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X