British paratroopers helmet...Help

Hello guys
    Just a question
    It's ok?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

A nice wartime example, but most likely the outside has had a post war repaint.

Comment

Originally posted by tinlid View Post
        A nice wartime example, but most likely the outside has had a post war repaint.
        Indeed, I have the same opinion.

Comment

Yes nice Original 3rd pattern Paratroop helmet. Outside has indeed been repainted.

Comment

What is that black shoestring in the pictures?

Luc

Comment

Indeed a postwar repaint . Nice lid though all the same

Comment

para helmet...is it okay?

I've been collecting these since the 1970s. Its hard to tell from the pictures that you've posted, but I feel that there is something odd about the way that this liner band has been stitched together. Also, my feelings on the chinstrap is that it is not original to that helmet, as it appears to be much too clean looking. Again, hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like there are two chinstrap buckles that are intended for rear use and the type that is normally up front appears to be installed at the rear. At least one of the rubber pads looks like it was made up from three thinner pieces of rubber that were glued together in order to make it the proper thickness.
                I would not go so far as to say that its bad, just that, from these pictures alone, I am not so sure.

Comment

Conservation

Gents, rather than start a new thread, I would like to ask here what, if anything, can you put on the rubber/foam padding? I have a 1943 BMB and they are rock hard.

Thank you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X