Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigarette Tin

Just some questions:
    Are they still in use and is the "22" a RAF Marking?
    Attached Files

Found this while researchin a bit.
    Is the Description true?
    Can't believe this.

http://www.worldwarwonders.co.uk/Avi...es-27P/22.html

Comment

Hi Nico, I think the seller is correct.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

Thanks Guy's, so I should buy more of them for resale.
          I got some packets of 10 of them.
          Last time I got some of them I was in a small Army Shop in Oxford in the early 90's so I allway's kept them as a pice of Gold.

Comment

Researched a bit more on other Sites and found them for up to 30 Pounds.
            Isn't it a bit much, or are they really that expensive.
            I know, you allway's need somebody who's willing to pay the Price, but maybe they'll like to keep the Stuff.

Comment

Nico

They are 'worth' whatever some punter will pay. I'd think them dear at L3 each, but then I don't collect to the RAF.

My favourite take on 'value' comes from an interview with the curator of the Louvre. He was asked 'if there were a fire and you could save only one painting, which would it be?' Clearly, the expected answer was 'The Mona Lisa'. His answer? 'The one closeset the door.' I thought that showed a fine sense of 'value'.

Comment

Originally posted by peter monahan View Post
                Nico

They are 'worth' whatever some punter will pay. I'd think them dear at L3 each, but then I don't collect to the RAF.

My favourite take on 'value' comes from an interview with the curator of the Louvre. He was asked 'if there were a fire and you could save only one painting, which would it be?' Clearly, the expected answer was 'The Mona Lisa'. His answer? 'The one closeset the door.' I thought that showed a fine sense of 'value'.
                That's nice!
                My Sister worked at the Louvre some years ago and was also mentioned in the Exhibitions Catalogue. As I understood, a great Honour as it normally say's Mr. or Mrs. Blabla and Team.

Comment

Nice to have famous relatives! Do you get a discount when you visit?

Comment

I never made it to Paris, but I think she doesn't has to pay.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X