New webbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Des,

Yeah I guess it is possible MP's used the Browning HP, they need stopping power too I'm sure.
    About translating: vous êtes most welcome
    Regards, Luc

Comment

Originally posted by Des Thomas
      Hi Luc,

I was also surprised about the RAF issue example on ebay but as some of the guys on the forum suggested, perhaps RAF MPs were issued Brownings? Seems feasible to me?

p.s Thanks for the French Translation!
      Des, they are still issued with them to this day

When I went to an RAF base not so long ago they had them!

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts
        Des, they are still issued with them to this day
        Thanks, from Jack.
        Not bad for a gun that was originally designed in 1925!
        Regards, Luc

Comment

Yeah Luc, best handgun in the world I reckon. Very reliable and an overall very good design. I think the SAS still use them as well? My Dad and I used to own one prior to the Dunblane incident. I went on the ranges with it a couple of times and OH WHAT A GUN IT WAS!!! When we had to hand it in we were given £500 compensation for it by the police - a very good price for 1998! I think it was a proper wartime one though - needless to say, it got melted down like all those gems that had to be handed in

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Hiya , just a wild idea .... the R.A.F issue browing mag pouches ,any chance the reason may be they were issued to aircrew and then after the war just put to use by camp guards ,M P `s ???

like i say , just a wild idea ???
            Michael.

Comment

Hi Chaps,

The other day I was lucky enough to view the most enormous collection of fighting knives, experimental soe weapons, antique guns, etc, etc. There were a lot of other ecclectic pieces in the collection from wwi trench grenade throwers to cased georgian pistols. I only had limited time and made mental notes to return to certain pieces but as is always the way I forgot. One of these items was a blue (raf) 37 pattern hand cuff pouch. Now don't tell me you've all got one and they used to be 50p on the market . Seriously though are these things common as i had no idea such a piece existed.

All The Best, Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy
                Hi Chaps,
                a blue (raf) 37 pattern hand cuff pouch.
                Hi Guy,
                I have never seen such a pouch, but if I come across one for 50p I will buy it for you .
                Here's another item for those with a webbing fetish:
                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...515405205&rd=1
                Is it really a grenade pouch?
                Regards, Luc

Comment

Hi Luc,

Thanks Mate thought it had to be a fairly rare thing as I don't remember seeing one in the past. Like the grenade pouches by the way.

I saw this on ebay yesterday and althought it isn't a British piece I had to show it as it is a real giggle. A friend had one of these at Stoneleigh and I was going to buy it and display it at Beltring with a Decoy on board but this guy has gone one step further.

Yours, Guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Comment

I never knew about grenade pouches! it makes sense though! Thanks for the link Luc. The US pigeon carrier is funny Guy Is the British version hard to find?

Comment

Ammo Pouches to Colt 45.

Hi all !
                      I greet after long pause.
                      Once Harlan Glenn did such Ammo Pouches to Colt 45. They it were not perfect. With back signed: King & Country /I\
                      I it have not in gathering such cartridge pouch unfortunately. I look for still. Prices are very high.
                      I for need of reconstruction would can make it kopy, but very heavily about webb tape and dimensions a orginal.
                      I enclose picture Polish soldier medical company.
                      Greetings Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

Nice interesting photo, thanks for posting it Yes the repro K&C mag pouches are still sold by Soldier of Fortune but as you said they are not not really a good copy. They cost £25 which for me is too much to spend on a repro.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X