No announcement yet.

New webbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the super rare rarely availiable SBS SOE SIS SAS STS SYS SMS SQS S89S SSSSSSSSSSSSSS tankers holster .I must get one but they are always expensive.Rob.
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Michael,

I love the smell of P37 webbing in the morning!!! If that makes me a perv, so be it I just need to locate the rarest piece of P37 and I shall be very happy. Yep you probably guessed it, a Colt 45/Hi Power Ammo Pouch I will get one someday just a question of time

Originally posted by SHEARING-CROSS
      Des ....i think you re becoming a bit of a webbing perv !!!!
      very nice ,thanks for showing , Michael.

Comment

Yeah Rob, know what you mean! I was the same. This one was only 13 quid sterling though and I have managed to locate an orginal leg strap for £10 Only prob is that the leg strap is Canadian made which will mean a slight mismatch in webbing colour but hey, I am sure that happened in wartime anyway so no biggie.

Originally posted by ROBB
        I like the super rare rarely availiable SBS SOE SIS SAS STS SYS SMS SQS S89S SSSSSSSSSSSSSS tankers holster .I must get one but they are always expensive.Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Des Thomas
          Michael,

a Colt 45/Hi Power Ammo Pouch I will get one someday just a question of time
          HIYA Des , why are these so rare ?? ( i have never even handled one )

were there only a few made ?
          regards ,Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

I suppose they are rare because the webley was the standard British sidearm during the war. Not many troops would have been using Colts or Brownings so they probably did not produce a great deal of the ammo pouches. The fact they were commonly used by SAS troops also makes them quite desirable. For such a small bit of webbing they tend to sell on ebay for anything between $750-$1500 USD

Originally posted by SHEARING-CROSS
            HIYA Des , why are these so rare ?? ( i have never even handled one )

were there only a few made ?
            regards ,Michael

Comment

Hi Michael, further to Des' answer. With the issue of the .45 Auto and the Browning HP to mainly special forces the desirability of these is increased even more. It is indeed a rare pouch and one that I sadly lack for my collection too.

A friend of mine had a stall at Malvern show about 5 or 6 years ago. He sat there all morning and there was on the very next stall on original pouch. It was the type with zinc style metalwork and not brass. He missed it My late friend the gun dealer Dougie Preece came over and saw it and snapped it up. He tormented my mate with it for the rest of the day. But Dougie sold it for only £85, at the time a good price, but now it seem very cheap...

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Fascinating ,has anyone got a picture they can share ,Rob.

Comment

Here you go Rob
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

An SAS veteran friend of mine reckons he still has his in storage (complete with original mags) and when he finds it, he said I can have it

Comment

Oh, and here is one in wear. The guy wearing the pouch in this photo is Corporal Lucien Goessens (I think the photo was taken during Operation Shakespeare France 44). I have his BD in my collection and Marc B has his Beret
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by DJT; 02-26-2005, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pic Des ,something else to look out for .Rob.

Comment

Guys,

I can understand why they were issued to special forces: reliable, good stopping power, large magazine capacity, accurate (the Belgians had fitted a 500m sight).
                              But why were they issued to the RAF? Were Webleys or Enfields not good enough for them?
                              Regards, Luc

Comment

Hi Luc,

I was also surprised about the RAF issue example on ebay but as some of the guys on the forum suggested, perhaps RAF MPs were issued Brownings? Seems feasible to me?

p.s Thanks for the French Translation!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X