k.d. jacket with????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k.d. jacket with????????

any help on this please i have a four pocket tan jacket top pockets pleated bottom large flaps appears to be an officers , shoulder boards holes for pips as is collars the puzzel is on the back there is sewn a white diamond shaped piece of cloth does any one no why ?? , also just below is a small hole with what appears to be blood stains , i was told that this jacket came from a museum, the buttons are g.s. sorry no photos yet will try and post thanks

Hiya Billy,

I assume it's for some sort of unit. Don't know what though sorry?

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

In terms of WWI, patches of cloth or pieces of shiny tin etc were sometimes worn tied to backpacks or tacked to the back of tunics to assist in spotting the progress of attacking troops.
      I don't know if it's relevant, but both 40 Div & 48 Div wore white diamonds as Div signs, 40 changed theres by adding a cockerel so as to differentiate between the two.
      40 Div spent their war in France, I think, & 48 Div in France & Italy.

Comment

tuNic

Originally posted by leigh kitchen
        In terms of WWI, patches of cloth or pieces of shiny tin etc were sometimes worn tied to backpacks or tacked to the back of tunics to assist in spotting the progress of attacking troops.
        I don't know if it's relevant, but both 40 Div & 48 Div wore white diamonds as Div signs, 40 changed theres by adding a cockerel so as to differentiate between the two.
        0 Div spent their war in France, I think, & 48 Div in France & Italy.
        THANKS FOR INFO GUYS

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X