Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Legal Corp Badge

Fellow Members,

Just seen a modern version of the badge of the Army Legal Corp which I would like to obtain for my modern cap badge collection of the British Army.

Quite nice really being white, silver with a bit of red enamel. It does not appear to be made of anodised aluminium.

Also, it has a scroll below with 'Arm Of The Law' or something like that on it.

It has two lugs and a split pin and is quite small being approx. 2cms across.

From the above 'description' can one tell if it is a cap badge or a collar tab?

Thanking in advance ...

Size. at 2 cm it sounds too small for a cap badge as they are quite large; the collar badges are much smaller. The lugs are correct for both.

Comment

Aye, I concur. The cap badge is a little wider - approx. 3cms. These are quite hard to find, though I've seen a few about of late. In the late '80s - at the height of my staybrite hoovering - they were virtually impossible to find (along with RAChD badges).

Comment

There are two versions of this badge;
        1. The title ARMY LEGAL SERVICES in the strap round the outside and JUSTITIA IN ARMIS on the scroll at the base. 1958-1978.

2. The strap round the outside has JUSTITIA IN ARMIS and the scroll has ARMY LEGAL CORPS. 1978-1992.

An all Officer organisation therefore no anodised aluminium badge, --- or is there?

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys. Looks like the badge was a collar tab. Will keep looking for the cap badge itself.

Regards ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X