Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Canadian cap badge A&S

Good evening Gentlemen,
    I'm curious about this cap badge it looks like it is made very well but it is quite large, can anybody shed some light on it please.
    Kind regards Chay
    Attached Files

Eee
    Attached Files

Comment

Aaa
      Attached Files

Comment

The Argylls are a unit of the Canadian Army's Primary reesrve, with a history dating back to 1903. One of their members, Corporal Nathan Cirillo, was murdered one year ago yesterday while on guard duty at our national war memorial in Ottawa by a mentally disturbed individual.

The Argyll and Sutherlands are based in hamilton, Ontario and fought honourably in both World Wars and have members who have served in many of Canada's peacekeeping and other military missions since 1945.

http://www.argylls.ca/

Comment

Thank you Peter,
          I think this example dates to around 1950? But I'm not sure yet , I do like to collect Canadian cap badge and I have found some great examples and learnt a lot about them ,
          Kind regards Chay

Comment

It looks like the version they wore in WWII and up to the unification of the Canadian Armed Forces in the '60s, but I'm no expert. I saw some Argylls on the street in Hamilton last week - coincidence - and the current badge looks very like this one.

Here is a link to what they wear now: https://www.williamscully.ca/shop/in...and-badge.html

Comment

Originally posted by peter monahan View Post
              It looks like the version they wore in WWII and up to the unification of the Canadian Armed Forces in the '60s, but I'm no expert. I saw some Argylls on the street in Hamilton last week - coincidence - and the current badge looks very like this one.

Here is a link to what they wear now: https://www.williamscully.ca/shop/in...and-badge.html
              Excellent Peter,
              Thank you for sharing this it's very useful , I have a Scottish medal and cap badge collection too
              Kind regards Chay

Comment

Chay...nice badge...an easy way to get an idea of timeframe is to note the Crown design....your badge is at least pre 1953 as it still maintains the "Kings" crown design and the noted link to todays badge has the ERII crown on the badge.....

Comment

Was sad this soldier was murdered standing his post at the cenotaph in Ottawa

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X