Unknown Insignia... Possibly British???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Insignia... Possibly British???

hello friends! I just went to a auction of a 75th Infantry Division Vet and I got this insignia. It looks british to me but I could be completely wrong. If you guys could help me out by identifying this piece it would be very helpful! Thanks for looking

I thinks its just a fashion broche and probably had crystals in the eyes at one time!

Comment

Hello
      Normandy coat of arms

cordially
      Didier

Comment

Thanks for the replies and info! It does appear to be non military as Nick stated.

Comment

Hi
          It is unusual in that it does indeed have the 2 passant lions of the Normandy coat of arms. However it doesn't appear to be of French or British construction. It looks like it may be German, as the back is stamped 800 silver (80 percent silver, a grade most favoured by German silversmiths, not the Sterling 925 used in Britain. The French have their own set of hallmarks and this is not one of them. So, German made for someone in Normandy? In any case quite an interesting item
          Regards
          John

Comment

Here is the closest match i've seen so far and it says it is a lions passant guardant brooch. I payed $40 for it and I was planning on re selling it on ebay because I mainly collect German memorabilia. I just thought it's very well marked to be a jewelry piece but they did make everything with quality back in the day.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X