Essex Yeomanry Unifrom Group.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essex Yeomanry Unifrom Group.

Recnt find that came out of a junk shop in the Bristol area, its named to a D.N.HAIR. He has removed his Div patches from the BD so im guessing now on his service. From a little info ive gathered he was an emergency commision in 1944, his service dress is dated 1944 as is the beret. In his pocket was his mini medals with just two stars, 39/45 and France /Germany, so i can guess with his service stripes being RA he was probably part of the 147th EY Regiment RHA. Im now wondering if this officer went in on D Day with the rest of the 147th and im wondering if any members would be able to find any more info on this officer if possible,cheers folks
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

What a great find. Goodluck with the search.

Comment

That looks like a really nice grouping to this officer. As usual, it's a shame that these kinds of items just end up in a junk shop. At least they weren't thrown away and have now ended up with someone who can appreciate what they represent.

I can't offer any help with this particular officer or unit, I'm afraid. But good luck with the research, piecing together the man and history behind the uniform.

Matthew

Comment

Thank you both for your replies, info can be difficult to find, he is in the officers list with dates of promotions, as mentioned he was an emergency commision but thats all i can gather at the mo, hopefully the new owner will have better luck, at this time i only collect German Combat lids, this will most probably end up in a collection in Europe as there is a definite connection to him doing service over there. As for the junk shop, well i did go and see a grouping to an officer with Burma service the other week, suitcase full also a suitcase full of mothevery time a picked up a uniform item it fell apart in my hands, so better the junk shop at time

Comment

Dragnet I believe this is my Grandfathers uniform, his name was David Noel Hair and he was in D Day + 3. We inherited his uniform when my father passed away in 2015. In the chaos and emotional upheaval that followed with probate and the lengthy process of letting go of a lot of furniture and personal positions this uniform was also given away, and we have regretted it ever since. If you have any knowledge of its whereabouts i’d be very grateful to find out where it is and the likelihood of ever retrieving it.

Thank you for posting about it,
            Emma

Comment

Originally posted by Emma L Hair View Post
              Dragnet I believe this is my Grandfathers uniform, his name was David Noel Hair and he was in D Day + 3. We inherited his uniform when my father passed away in 2015. In the chaos and emotional upheaval that followed with probate and the lengthy process of letting go of a lot of furniture and personal positions this uniform was also given away, and we have regretted it ever since. If you have any knowledge of its whereabouts i’d be very grateful to find out where it is and the likelihood of ever retrieving it.

Thank you for posting about it,
              Emma

Emma, sorry to say that i cannot remember who i sold the uniform grouping too, at the moment i cant even recall purchasing the set or the junk shop it came out of If i can remember any info i will let you know, Pete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X