No announcement yet.

Home Guard '37 Patt' 11th Berkshire (Crowthorne Battalion) BD blouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In summary, I think this indicates the sad reality that every time the items in our collection change hands, there is a good possibility that history is lost because people don't think it's important , or just human error in this case...

Only luck reunited this Proficiency record with the BD blouse, a year after originally buying it, and allowed me to do just a little research to bring an old uniform to life.

Regards, Paul

Comment

Originally posted by seebee1 View Post
      Hi Paul, going through a box of insignia and patches the other day and found these. Although they are blue, just wonder if they are Proficiency badges? Made of felt and seem to have been possibly sewn to a uniform. Regards, Clive.
      These pieces of cloth would have been used as a background to an Officers worsted (Khaki) Rank Crown and Star, hence the shape.

Both the Royal Engineers and Royal Signals used blue.

Marc

Comment

Thank you Marc. I did think they had a chance of being Proficiency Badges, but from your comments, see that they are not.

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff View Post
        These pieces of cloth would have been used as a background to an Officers worsted (Khaki) Rank Crown and Star, hence the shape.

Both the Royal Engineers and Royal Signals used blue.

Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X