Help with Badges, Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Badges, Please.

Hi Guys - A friend and I recently came across a smorgasbord of stuff in a box - German, US, British, etc. These were in there... I'm guessing the cap badges are the most significant. Can anyone tell me about them and their approximate worth? I will likely list the group whole on the estand.

Thanks in advance

Brian
    Attached Files

No idea as to the anchors, but the three main badges, Lancashire Fusiliers, Royal Military Police, and Royal Artillery, appear to be poor quality restrikes.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Hey Bob, thanks for the reply. I see what you are saying, especially on the wheels of the Royal Artillery Badge, but it is just the photo combined with some funk on the metal. Everything in this box has turned out to be original so I would be surprised if these were cast fakes. Nevertheless, I will take some more images and post them.

Thanks again

Brian

Comment

The Lanc.Fus. badge looks like the best of the three; maybe the RA is OK, but the Royal Cypher on the RMP badge gives me pause.
        They are not rare units, which of course are much more often faked. I hope they are all legit.
        I was lucky to amass my British badge collection in the 70's & early 80's, when restrikes certainly did exist, but not as much as today. The badges were just not as valuable as they can be today.
        I managed to collect cap badges for all regiments & corps of the Regular Army circa 1914, and am slowly trying to buy badges for all the Yeomanry regiments.
        Good Luck!

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I think that the anchors are 'Killicks'' Hooks - Royal Navy Leading Hand.

Comment

Have to agree they look like restrikes . Check to see if the raf button has a hidden compass . Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hi Guys - Here are some more images of the badges. While I'm not experienced with these, I can assure you that they are not cheap, modern restrikes. Each one has a significant feel in hand, particularly the artillery piece. What appears to be extra material within the wheel is just crust/oxidation, and not surplus material from a mold.
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X