Royal Marines officer's dress cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Marines officer's dress cap

An RM cap for ranks of major & lt.Col. Side buttons with QC, but badge with KC, so obviously a long serving officer. My guess is mide 50's to mid 60's vintage.
    Thanks to Karl S for the photos.

Bob Shoaf
    Attached Files

Couple more:
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Bob, not often you see for this rank. I can't remember when the fixed white top was introduced, though there was a1938 version but it was very rarely seen and only in the post war years do they become the norm.

My RM officers forage cap for the same type with bullion oakleaves on the peak has the blue top (which would have a white cover) and has the opposite combination of badge and buttons, KC for the buttons and QC for the bullion brigadier or full Colonels badge.

My example can be seen to have been upgraded by removal of the two part metal badge to the cloth badge.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
        Very nice Bob, not often you see for this rank. I can't remember when the fixed white top was introduced, though there was a1938 version but it was very rarely seen and only in the post war years do they become the norm.

My RM officers forage cap for the same type with bullion oakleaves on the peak has the blue top (which would have a white cover) and has the opposite combination of badge and buttons, KC for the buttons and QC for the bullion brigadier or full Colonels badge.

My example can be seen to have been upgraded by removal of the two part metal badge to the cloth badge.
        Great cap Jerry; I really like the blue top RM caps, but they seem very hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
          Great cap Jerry; I really like the blue top RM caps, but they seem very hard to find.
          I think you are correct Bob. I was lucky and got this one as a staff officers cap. I should try and get a white top cover for it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X