X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dieppe Poster

Any thoughts on this poster,its 24"x36"

All comments welcome

It was widely circulated after the Dieppe raid and features in a couple of Canadian history text books that I used here in Ontario. The subtitle in French is interesting too, given that the rest of the text is in English.

I've not seen a repring of these, though that's possible, and it would make a nice addition to a WWII Canadian display/collection if the price isn't outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by peter monahan View Post
      It was widely circulated after the Dieppe raid and features in a couple of Canadian history text books that I used here in Ontario. The subtitle in French is interesting too, given that the rest of the text is in English.

I've not seen a repring of these, though that's possible, and it would make a nice addition to a WWII Canadian display/collection if the price isn't outrageous.
      "Les Fusiliers de Mont-Royal" was, and remains, the official name of this French-Canadian regiment, based in Montreal. That said, the same series of posters were also produced in French.

Comment

Yes, thanks, I know the FMR. I just thought it rather jumped out of the poster. I assumed a French language version too, as it was produced by the Feds.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X