No announcement yet.

Northumberland Hussars collar dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More parts came in! Collar dogs back on! Silver plated officer grade for this Regiment!
    Attached Files

Comment

OK the final parts came in! (shouldertitles in plated silver for officers of this Regiment)
      It's done, this Crete campaign veteran officer tunic!
      Attached Files

Comment

The only thing for me is I think the 1923 GSM should be at the end of the ribbon bar not over top as well you expect to see the War Medal as well unless this is May~July 1945 and he has not managed to get to the tailor yet.

Comment

As there was only the one ribbon for 1918-1962 GSM when you obtained it I would leave it as it was.

Marc

Comment

True it only had the GSM ribbon but he certainly earned the other ones...his regiment was in those theaters
            and he fought in Crete for sure....
            I guess that indeed those were just not added ever to this particular tunic by a tailor at war's end....

And yes otherwise it should have been positioned at the very end of the bar...
            but I wanted to leave it in its original spot.
            The longer ribbon bar is loosely tacked on for effect below it, with some simple stitches,
            easy to remove for that pre Allied victory war time look. Good idea actually.

Comment

Lookin' good Nick!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X