Hogspear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogspear

I'd love to see people's thoughts on this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gentleman-...oAAOSwzgRWzGfx

The seller seems to have an incredible knack of finding many superb items to sell, I cannot however comment on this item as its not my area but is it from the Christopher Lee collection?

Comment

I believe the key word in the description is "replacement", so I am assuming it is not the original group. I would email the seller; I have always got a response when I have done so.
      As for the seller, I can only say that I have bought many items from "Hogspear", mainly headgear, and have always been very satisfied.
      He does get some great items, that I have rarely, if ever seen, elsewhere.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Repalcement MM, hopefully the Malaya medal will have his details otherwise they could have belonged to anyone

Comment

I have always wondered who hogspear is
          Does anyone know?

Comment

Iv bought a good few named officers uniforms off him as well as lots of insignia!what's sad is he splits EVERYTHING!he really does not care if hes splitting historic groups!The only good thing I suppose is he does keep mounted medals together!so I'd say it's a good set that was picked up by collector,his uniforms and other SAS associated things are also available for sale to!

Comment

I obtained a rare named D-Day commando medal and equipment grouping from this seller and it all checked out. They were great to deal with.

Cheers

Allan

Comment

The SAS wings on Jim Almonds' SD uniform are reproduction. I don't mean post war type or modern, I mean reproduction of a WW2 type

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-Detachme...AAAOSwB4NWzIBS

Comment

His name is John Morgan. See the link below.

http://www.johnmorgan1966.com/

Originally posted by nickn View Post
                  I have always wondered who hogspear is
                  Does anyone know?

Comment

Thanks des

Comment

A lot of what is being sold now belonged to the late Sir Christopher Lee, Saruman in "Lord of the Rings. " Lee was a Commando in WW2 and collected a lot of special forces insignia from around the world. Hogspear is reputable but Lee was not an expert.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
                        A lot of what is being sold now belonged to the late Sir Christopher Lee, Saruman in "Lord of the Rings. " Lee was a Commando in WW2 and collected a lot of special forces insignia from around the world. Hogspear is reputable but Lee was not an expert.
                        Christopher Lee was an intelligence officer in the RAF, not a commando. Supposedly, he was attached at times, to the SOE, and LRDG, but I don't believe he ever left the RAF.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I have to say that I have bought many items from Hogspear over the last several years. They have all been excellent and exactly as shown or described. I think, however, that the staff who often deal with these items are not always the most knowledgeable across such a wide range of periods, from Victorian up to modern. Hogspear also has such a large turnover that mistakes are sometimes going to slip through.

I have never had the feeling that any inaccuracies were intentional - only that they had not been spotted. I have pointed this out a couple of times on their eBay listings and received thanks. I also had no problems returning one item I bought.

Should a dealer of this repute know his stuff? Yes. Will he be able to vet every single item that passes through his company's hands? Probably not. Try contacting them about these issues.

Matthew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X