No announcement yet.

POLISH 2nd CORPS LOT DESTINED FOR THE BIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

many thanks Allan , despite buying militaria nearly every day of the week to re sell on its always these little ` boxes of bits` that get me not the medals or the swords or uniforms its the small items ? his dog tags he must have worn all through the battle his pay book in his pocket ...?

Cant really explain it each to their own And their own area of collecting and I respect that - show me a Military Cross YES fine an nice but not me ,show me the wrist watch he wore winning the medal then you have my attention hope that made sence

Comment

Originally posted by grandads-kitbag View Post
      HI yes this puzzled me as the Poles were legendry for saving every thing from their military service ?? perhaps the seller is holding back the good stuff to get me excited splitting the medals and badges from the ` legitamatsia` documents is complete stupidity but some thing an antique dealer with no idea of militaria would do coz he thinks he will double his profit ?

I really thought the medals and badges would have been in the same box ? im guessing either the familly OR the house clearance firm has kept the ` shiny ` bits back to put in to auction ?

The picker i got this lot off is a bit stand offish regarding the back ground not coz hes less than honest hes just protecting his supplier and doesnt want me to cut him out .......... ! I know which town the Polish guy lived so it a case of studying the back street auction houses , I dont plan to keep this lot so will give it a few days then moove it on .
      Yeah shame that, the MCC would be worth more with the paperwork but perhaps they didn't realise this

Comment

Along with this lot came two superb massive volumes regarding the Polish 2nd Corps at Cassino , published in 1946 ( in Polish ) never seen these before despite all the Polish lots ive bought these books are just packed with photos many personalities and interviews , will add pictures soon .
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X