Memorial Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Cross

I was driving home on Monday and found this in a antique mall under a pile of trash. It truly pissed me off to see this just tossed in the box. This is one purchase i was very happy to make.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by gary cain View Post
    i was driving home on monday and found this in a antique mall under a pile of trash. It truly pissed me off to see this just tossed in the box. This is one purchase i was very happy to make.
    Attached Files

Comment

Odd can't seem to find him in the the CWWG or the Canadian Book of remembrance?

Comment

http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discove...dNumber=462086

Comment

Thank you for that. I hadn't even started researching the man yet. He was quite old at his time of enlistment. I wonder if he was a influenza casualty?

Comment

Henderson died after the war from illness due to military service.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/m...2jdheocn6v65f4
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Rob,

That is most appreciated!

Originally posted by RobDekk View Post
              Henderson died after the war from illness due to military service.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/m...2jdheocn6v65f4

Comment

No worries. Hoping it would be more exciting...but it's still history.

Comment

Yes, they can't all be hero's! But it is history and that's what we are here for....

Once again, many, many thanks!
                  Originally posted by RobDekk View Post
                  No worries. Hoping it would be more exciting...but it's still history.

Comment

"Yes, they can't all be hero's!"

I dont think the manner of death, or in fact death itself, has anything to do with being a hero.

Comment

Interestingly, Henry Young was the man with the adjacent serial number - 526893. He also enlisted in Montreal in the CAMC, died in 1920 of pleurisy, at age 39.

I'd gues that both were deemed to old or perhaps not fit enough to serve in the infantry and were put to work as ward orderlies or something similar which exposed them to various diseases. Easy to see how TB would be directly attributable to war service in a medical unit but I wonder whether Young's 'pleurisy' was of similar origin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X