Over smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over smock

Firstly id lke to apologise for such poor photos, just cant get the light right at the shop, this over smock was purchase from a large groupng belonging to an British officer who served from Korea up till the 80's, im sure this dates from the 50's or 60's but he was issued a large amount of WW2 gear all thru his service. Anyone able to ID this one?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Yep the pics were crap, heres a couple more with detail. Interestingly the hood has two pairs of ties around the neck i pressume to tie the hood scarf style when down, the large webbed attatchment i didnt see before, its at the back of the neck and just strong enough to stop someone going under the water if need, but not strong enough to drag on dry land? And talking to a fellow collector with some degree of knowlege , he belives the garment might have been tan or light brown before being dyed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

When I get home I will look it up. But I thought it was used by mountain troops.

Comment

Originally posted by border85 View Post
            When I get home I will look it up. But I thought it was used by mountain troops.
            Your help would be gratefully accepted

Comment

Here's an interesting observation by a friend when he checked out the smock. pockets are virtually same size and of course pattern. 1st pattern denison used for the photo.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X