Parachute X Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parachute X Type

Would appreciate any comments and rough guide on value please.
    Attached Files

Has spare release mechanism. Does I.A.C 45 refer to a 1945 date? It is also stamped 1950.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SiPo; 12-06-2015, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Green canopy
          Attached Files

Comment

If original this is probably the rarest piece of British airborne militaria. Even more rara than parachute pants and leg bags so it would be vey expensive. Could be a clever repro but I would not know how to tell from the pictures. Since there are maybe 2 or 3 other originals in the world, some one with hands on experience would be able to determine if it is original.

Comment

Originally posted by brooksbz View Post
              If original this is probably the rarest piece of British airborne militaria. Even more rara than parachute pants and leg bags so it would be vey expensive. Could be a clever repro but I would not know how to tell from the pictures. Since there are maybe 2 or 3 other originals in the world, some one with hands on experience would be able to determine if it is original.
              Two or three originals ? Where did you get that? I know collectors who have three... I have one early type.

It is a type X MKII, the tags look post war but I am not sure. There are a lot of post war X-types around.

Maybe others know more...
              Last edited by Rogerd; 12-06-2015, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerd View Post
                Two or three originals ? .
                Roger. I was refering to wartime parachutes. I could not see a date on the one posted here so I don't know if it wartime. I am no expert in British parachutes I just know I have never seen any (or known anyone who has one) wartime examples in over in over 35 years in collecting British airborne items. I live in the US so I could be at a disadvantage over the European collectors. I am willing to be educated and learn more so please post pictures of authenticated wartime X-type parachutes to compare to this one.
                Last edited by brooksbz; 12-06-2015, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brooksbz View Post
                  so please post pictures of authenticated wartime X-type parachutes to compare to this one.
                  Congratulations! I found yours:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=parachute

Others?

Comment

Thanks, and yes I have seen others. As I said, I know Belgian collectors who have tree. I am talking about early types that were made during the war.

I agree with you they are VERY difficult to find and very rare. But they are out there. At the Ciney show two were for sale... But the price

Comment

Have tried to find a reference to this release buckle but having no luck. Anybody have any information on this type of buckle? Post war, war time, value etc?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X