Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKII Brodie emblem. Civilian?

Hello,

I've been trying to find out which organisation this NDS emblem could belong to for quite a while. I don't think it's military but I've had suggestions ranging between a simple factory helmet and some sort of clearance team that might move in after the rescue party has gone to the next bomb site.

The rivets on the underside of the brim are flat copper instead of the normal domed ones as on the top of the brim, that's something else I've never seen.

Any help in trying to name the NDS organisation (NAAFI Dinner Service?) is much appreciated.

Cheers

Tony
    Attached Files

Close up
    Attached Files

Comment

Flat copper rivet
      Attached Files

Comment

Dutch Railroad

Hi Tony
        Your helmet is for the Dutch railroad service I believe. Here is a link to a helmet with the same insignia (scroll to the bottom of the page). I thought it rang a bell when I saw it

eric

http://www.cascoscoleccion.com/holanda/hol40.htm

Comment

Hello Eric,

Well I'm buggered! A Dutch lid, and still with the British liner and strap. So that'll be coming straight out of my collection now.

I wonder why they used tin hats, if it was originally Irish (I'm going by the colour) and if there's a market in Dutch railway lids?

Thanks for your help Eric.

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X