Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look What Postie Brought Me Today!!!

Hi all,

Look at what my postman brought for me today. This is one of the most exciting lots I've gotten in a little while. It's kind of funny how I came by them too. I initially purchased a couple of the pieces off of eBay. In a follow up email the seller inquired if I was interested in other Polish cloth. I said that I was and he emailed me some photos and named a ridiculously low price. My heart nearly skipped a beat as there are a couple of "special" pieces in this lot. Any guesses as to what they are?

Anyways thanks for looking and feel free to post some comments.

Cheers,
    Greg

The Reverses

Here's the backsides.

Comment

HI THERE very nice lot ,
      the plastic? metal badges are a bit good !! and the 5th kreswova / bison ( sorry never sure of the spelling on that ) is a very good find ... but i reckon the the cloth polish shoulder titles ( top left ) on the light backing are the sexy bits ?? ...do i win a cigar ???
      regards ,Michael.

Comment

Nice Group

Nice Group Greg ..
        The "Plastics" are always nice to see ....
        .... I thought I saw this group on E-bay ?

Regards

Gary J.

Comment

The Plastics it is

Hi chaps,

Indeed it is the plastics that gave me that warm fuzzy feeling. I find that the plastic bits are very hard to come by and rarely turn up for sale (at least around here). In fact I have only ever seen one other POLAND title for sale (other than my grandad's) and have never seen the 2nd Corps shield before.

I had originally purchased just the 5 Kresowa and the cap eagle badges from eBay but he offered me the rest of the lot off eBay for a unbelievably low price. It was so low that I think if I sold just one of the plastics it would cover the cost of the entire lot. A pretty good score in my books.

Thanks again for commenting.

Cheers,
          Greg

Comment

Hi Greg,

Nice haul you got there! Interesting that the Polish used plastic shoulder titles. I imagine they might have been a bit fragile for everyday use? Were they only used on best dress? And who wore the Grey shoulder titles? Air Force Unit?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X