Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buttons

British or Canadian collectors I need a Id. on these 3 buttons they were with some Confederate S.C. Mititia buttons that I picked up some years ago.. Just found them again.. Thanks BILL
    Attached Files

Hi Bill, the one on the left is a British WW2 era "General Service" button.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hello Bill,

The one on the right looks Imperial German to me. Is there any writing on the back?

Tony

Comment

Hi Tony, I had actually compaired my German M1915 tunic belt ramp support button to that one and indeed they are similar, but not identical.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

The left hand is British General Service pattern, worn with this pattern crown by Other Ranks in infantry regiments etc (officers wore regimental patterns) from c1902 until regimental patterns for ORs were readopted about 1924.
          It continued in use by some units until about 1952, when the crown design changed.
          The middle button is, I think, the equivalent Canadian GS pattern worn WWI - WWII & after (I think that a Canadian cap produced in the 1950's - 60's that I have has buttons with this crown on, although the design of the crown would presumably have officially changed about 1952.
          The button the right - Imperial Prussian?

Comment

The one in the centre is the Canadian General service button. I believe it was used in both WWI and WWII.
            Thomas

Originally posted by BILL GRIST
            British or Canadian collectors I need a Id. on these 3 buttons they were with some Confederate S.C. Mititia buttons that I picked up some years ago.. Just found them again.. Thanks BILL

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
              Hi Tony, I had actually compaired my German M1915 tunic belt ramp support button to that one and indeed they are similar, but not identical.

Cheers, Ade.
              Hello Ade,

This is the button I compared it with. I bought it together with a few other buttons (all claiming to be German) but now I'm confused.

I hope someone can give us a definite ID on it, there were quite a few monarchies back then assuming it comes from the Great War period. What does the Belgian crown look like?

Cheers

Tony
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony, the more I look at them, yours & Bill's, I am convinced they are WW1 German.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thx

Thanks Fellas..BILL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X