• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guy WW2 .Rob.
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hi Robb,

Thoght so, It's lovely. I had a crazy unpadded or's once, the RCAF had been unpicked and someone had carefuly re embroidered RAF in it's place! quirky but nice.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Allan H.
        ... Also notice that the maker didn't bother to put any red in the King's crown. A WWI or WWII example will have that...
        Hi Lee,

I'd agree with Allan that from here your wings look modern. Another thing to notice about padded wings is the way yours have that defined bulge when viewing them from the back. Period padded wings are pretty flat looking on the back and don't have that pronounced bulge.

I have to respectfully disagree with Allan about the red color thread found in the crown of WWI and WWII wings however. While many wings did have red in the crowns it certainly isn't found on all wings. Just thumbing through "Eagles Recalled" I'd say at least half of the wings shown if not more do not have red in the crown. Here are 3 of mine without red in the crown.
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice selection of brevets. The winged M (Met Observer), QM (Air Quartermaster) and RO (Radio Observer) brevets are hard ones to find. The sparks' badge is post war and denotes Electrician rather than the earlier Radio Operator (flying). They're still worn. The badge below it is an ATC (Air Training Corps) Flying Scholarship badge. A much sought after accolade within the RAF-sponsored youth organisation.

The brevets (and post war pilots' wings) would look great framed - along with the Observers brevet of course.

Comment

Thanks all for the replies! Thought the items looked a little newish! oh well off to ebay lol thanks everyone

Regards Lee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X