Bought a whole collection!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a whole collection!!!!!!!!!

Guys i have bought this collection of mainly british badges and medals recently, thought id opst it here and get some ideas of originality and value.......any ideas would be greatly recieved....the bulk of the collection is british but some german items also which i will post up soon..please keep an eye on this thread as i will be adding to it as and when i can.
    As stated before most of the items will be going on the estand under (british) and (bazaar) depending on originality etc etc..there are also some aircraft instruments and nav sites headsets etc etc...i know very little about ww2 british badges and need help with this lot..also if there are any items people are interested in please pm me and make an offer!!! i will be listing most on estand when i have a better idea about them...

Thanks for reading my dribble..and if you want better pics please state and ill re shoot individual items as required.

Regards

Lee

Eagle squadron badge and others???

I think the one badge is an american eagle squadron badge!!!! no ideas on the others, any ideas

Comment

Rear, most of the items in this collection have been superglued in frames??????? such a shame but what the heck!!! not much i can do about that now....

Comment

Some medal ribbon bars!!! some i reconise others hmmm????

Comment

Some RFC items (not to sure about the cap badge) any ideas? observer badge looks good to me, as do the captains shoulder boards, what do you guys think?

Comment

I hope this next lot are ok!!! lovely shame they have been glued into a frame!!!! oh well...will post other items soon!!!!

Comment

Rear

Comment

Close ups (1)

Comment

Originally posted by ulrichrudel
                  Close ups (1)
                  (2) More posts to follow later!!! thanks for looking

Comment

The blue badge top right the hand holding the lightning bolts is an ATC radio operators badge.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i will throw that in the unwanted bin for bazaar in the estand then lol....

Comment

Hi-
                        The ribbon bars from top left and moving towards the right are for the following:

Distinguished Flying Cross, 1939-1945 Star, Africa Star,
                        Italy Star, France and Germany Star, Burma Star,
                        Pacific Star, 1939-1945 Defence Medal, 1939-1945 War Medal,
                        Royal Air Force Long Service and Good Conduct Medal

As for the other items you have posted, I am sure people will reply with more details. All the best

JimUK

Comment

Mostly modern looking cloth badges, not so sure of the originality on some I'm afraid.

The BD (EOD) badge is modern too.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by YoungEagle
                            The blue badge top right the hand holding the lightning bolts is an ATC radio operators badge.
                            Mike
                            Mike; I could be wrong, but I seem to recall seeing this badge on the sleeve of RAF aircrew radio operators in a number of WWII photos - or am I referring to a similar badge designed specifically for the RAF?

Regards,
                            Don

Comment

Thank you for replies.....as per the badges that look modern could you be a little more detailed please as i know little about these badges at all and would like to sort the good from the bad.....thanks for the reply on the medal bars also.........

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X