No announcement yet.

Polish Airborne ambulances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes sense he was a Bandsmen. It was very common that they where used as stretcher bearers but the practice sort of dies out by WWII but as the Polish units where conically under maned so I could see this happening.

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post
      Makes sense he was a Bandsmen. It was very common that they where used as stretcher bearers but the practice sort of dies out by WWII but as the Polish units where conically under maned so I could see this happening.
      You are correct, a few faces since were thoought of as medical personnel

The glider I since found out was thought to be 49th Troop Carrier Squadron on 23 September flight to LZ-O. Interestingly a unit of Polish Paras landed here, which ties it in as to why a Waco picture

Comment

Indeed ... the first two photo's are taken in Driel, Holland were the Polish Airborne troops fought harsh against the Germans.

Comment

What great photos; thanks so much for sharing them

Comment

Great photo's and analysis !

Comment

some great knowledge kindly provided

Comment

same?

A casual observation: I wonder if the fellow in the portrait might be the one reclining on the left of the 3 down in front of the band.

Comment

Post 11
                  !st guy on left is wearing a Windproof cammo smock among the Denison smocks.
                  owen

Comment

I was thinking it was one of those, either laying down or the chap in the middle, though he looks a bit heavier set

Good spot Owen on the windproof, I wouldn't mind adding one to the collection

After picking up these photos I as very lucky to come across an awarded Polish airborne badge with wreath and separately a nice pair of collars
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X