Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1942 NFS Peaked Cap

Hello,

I thought some of you may like to see this which I won on ebay a few days ago.

This is the first peaked cap that I have in my collection,and I was wondering if any of you had any tips about how to store these properly?

The tissue you can see in the pics is acid free that I have used to help the cap keep its shape.

All comments appreciated!
    Kind regards,
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyD; 12-29-2006, 09:44 AM.

Interior.

Comment

Interior 2.

Comment

Hi Andy, nice addition to your collection.

You are doing the right thing by using acid free tissue paper. The main thing with peaked caps is to display them so the peak stands free, either on a head form (I use glass heads) or on some kind of stand. Never just sit them on a shelf as the weight of the cap resting on the peak will cause stress on the stitching holding the peak.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Nice cap Andy ,not often seen dated like that .Rob.
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I've got one of these in reasonable shape but undated, it was with a batch of document, medals, photos etc to one family - father who was killed in 1916, his 4 sons, & their step brother, all of whom served in WWII.
            The yougest was in the NFS when he was about 17, & joined the RASC in time to go to Italy, before he ended up in the Cambridgeshires after they'd become Royal Artllery (a brother in the Cambridgeshires died as a POW.
            I've got a couple of photos of the NFS man wearing helmet, also cap - the cap actually has the name of a different man in it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X