MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPR shoulder titles opinions needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPR shoulder titles opinions needed please!

Hello, I'd appreciate all honest opinions on these please eg. wartime/post-war/fake/repro etc. I have I my opinion but do not want to say yet, because it might influence other peoples' opinions.

Here are the facts: They are embroidered. The letters are contructed from cotton. The white backing material is nylon. The actual piece of blue material the letters have been woven on to burns like nylon.

Thanks in advance, from Jack.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hiya Jacko

Following our conversation, now I actually see them, I am unsure. The type I told you about have a virtually identical reverse to wartime pieces. Pretty much the only difference is that the bobbin is nylon. These titles have a very tight back with virtually no bobbin showing; Initially this made me think that they might be repros; then I remembered that I have an RA title, purchased in a box of bits from a military tailors, with virtually identical lettering and reverse embroidery. I will try and dig it out tonight and set fire to it to see what happens .

Take care mate, Yours, Guy.

Comment

Scrub that, I think I may be talking b######s as usual.

I thought they had been stuck into an album, then I re-read your post. The backing material you are referring to is that crap stuck on the back isn't it which looks like glue and paper in the photos? If so this is a trait of modern embroidery. That stuff is polyester paper which modern machines use as a backing for embroidery. If anyone has a pair of Cunnards white on scarlet South Stafford titles tease off the black backing and you will see this underneath. Also t shirts and things with logos, If you examine the back of the embroidery you will often find this substance. Bugger, thought you might have had something a bit different there for a mo mate .

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy
                Scrub that, I think I may be talking b######s as usual.

I thought they had been stuck into an album, then I re-read your post. The backing material you are referring to is that crap stuck on the back isn't it which looks like glue and paper in the photos? If so this is a trait of modern embroidery. That stuff is polyester paper which modern machines use as a backing for embroidery. If anyone has a pair of Cunnards white on scarlet South Stafford titles tease off the black backing and you will see this underneath. Also t shirts and things with logos, If you examine the back of the embroidery you will often find this substance. Bugger, thought you might have had something a bit different there for a mo mate .

Yours, Guy.
                Cheers for that mate

Yes, it isn't glue and paper it's like material and a man made one at that! I know exactly what you mean when you say "Also t shirts and things with logos, If you examine the back of the embroidery you will often find this substance"

Thanks again

Comment

I bought these from the e-stand for 130 euro. I had a gut feeling they could be ok but when they arrived and I had a closer look I knew something wasn't right. The seller refused to give me a refund so I decided to have them checked out by other people just to be sure. I would like to gather some more opinions on these if it's ok? Am I correct in understanding that if an item is sold as wartime and in fact it is not, the buyer is entitled to a refund? Or for any reason the buyer is entitled to a refund if they wish to return the goods?

Many thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Hi Jack, these are bad. And under the terms of the E Stand you are entitled to a refund if these are still within the inspection period. Here is a quote from the rules:

a) Returns must be allowed by the seller for any reason for a period of 7 seven days from when the items arrives.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hello Ade, I contacted the seller the day after they arrived to tell him I didn't want them. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Point taken Jack, I've sent an e-mail.

Luc

Comment

Hi Jack, glad to hear that this issue has been resolved. Please let me know once you have recived your full refund.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hello Ade, full refund has been received

Thanks Luc

Comment

Hurrah

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X