Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you help to ID these badges

Hi
    Over the years I have obtained quite a few items that I have never been able to identify. Now, with your help I hope to put names to some of these badges.
    Please help if you can.
    thanks
    Andy

this is the first. Not even sure if it is military
    Attached Files

the rear

the rear
    Attached Files

Comment

badge no 2

This is the 2nd badge. Never found it in any books. Is it Canadian perhaps?
      Thanks
      Andy
      Attached Files

Comment

badge no 3

Another one I cant find.Is it a collar badge? Has two loops to the rear.
        Thanks
        Andy
        Attached Files

Comment

badge no 4

This is another I cannot find. Again, is it Canadian. Your help would be appreciated.
          Thanks
          Andy
          Attached Files

Comment

No. 2 - a cadet battalion of the DLI ? Or a colonial regiment.

No. 3 - possibly part of the Seaaforth Highlanders Officer's badge?

Comment

No.4

Badge number 4 .... "Lincoln and Welland" ..
              Well, .... That type of reference to Lincoln and the Welland (The Welland being a river valley (If you can class it as a valley !) of types in South Lincolnshire near to Stamford - England) ... would point to something associated with Lincolnshire / South Lincolnshire (surprise, surprise !)

..But what the actual badge denotes I'm not sure, although it was either the 3rd or 5th Lincolnshires (Can't remember which) based in the South Lincs area around WW1. .. but this badge is not of the Lincolnshire Regiment.

Gary J.

Comment

Badge number 4 is the capbadge of the Lincoln & Welland Regiment based in St Catharines , Ontario - about an hour and a half south west of Toronto and about half an hour from Niagara Falls. The regiment still exists today as part of the Canadian Army Reserve.
                http://www.iaw.on.ca/~awoolley/lincweld.html

This would, of course, be their WW2 era capbadge. The Lincs fought all of the bitter North West European campaign through Holland, Belgium, and Germany. They are named for Lincoln County and Welland County which comprise their main recruiting area in Southwestern Ontario.

Comment

Well .. there you go

So no.4 is not of South Lincolnshire England ...Thanks for clearing that up Geoff..
                  It's amazing how the Localites were "renamed" many thousands of miles away, and yet the names chosen from their original sources are still so close to each other.
                  The migrants obviously came from the neighbouring districts in England, and named their new districts as "neighbours".

Gary J.

Comment

Thanks to all. I now have id on badge 4. Any ideas on the other 3?
                    Thanks
                    Andy

Comment

Andy,

I'd wager that Leigh is right that #3 is part of a Seaforth Highlander's (Officer?) badge. These also worn by Seaforth Highlanders of Canada. They were a 4 part badge: crown, "L", Stag Head, and "Cuidich 'N Rich" Scroll. I'll see if I can dig up an image of a complete badge set. What is the material it is made from? If sterling then probably an officer's, white metal would indicate an NCO badge.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Badge no.1 ............ made by George Kenning, Little Britain, London...... jewellers famous (or not!) for making regalia for freemasons.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X