• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent Info David, thank you for posting it

Comment

Not sure what unit

Comment

At Last !!

Ok .. I've kept you all in suspence for long enough.

The item that I have secured is .................

A Polish Parachute Wing .... which was issued to :

Robert Marchal
        ..Who was in the Free French and served in the 3rd SAS 3rd Company, and I believe was involved in the Amherst operation.

Regards

Gary J.
        Last edited by Gary Jucha; 05-23-2006, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Wow Gary, The double whammy! Did you pay the going rate or did the seller know it was a bit special?

Now if only myself and Marc B could each find one of the wings awarded to the Belgian SAS!

Comment

Going Rate

Des,
            The wing turned up by chance !!!! (Through a deal on E-bay, .. and doing the usual of asking if there was anything "Polish Para" availible.)
            ..The asking price was high, but as the wing is not of the "standard" Polish wing issues, I felt that it was a variant that I could not pass by.

The deal for the wing was fair from both sides, .. I traded some Polish 1st Corp items + some euro's in the exchange.

The thing is, as you well appreciate, Polish Jump wings are not exactly common.
            ..But to find a wing issued to a Free French soldier, who was with the SAS really makes the item that much desirable.

Regards

Gary J.

Originally posted by Des Thomas
            Wow Gary, The double whammy! Did you pay the going rate or did the seller know it was a bit special?

Now if only myself and Marc B could each find one of the wings awarded to the Belgian SAS!

Comment

Well done Gary A very nice addition to your Polish wings collection.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

What a marvellous find Gary!

Congratulations, nice to see a good wing turning up once in a while!

Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X