Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REAL 1944 Turtleshell for sale at E-bay

Hi Guys,

Spotted this, thought someone may be interested, Its bang on for a 1944 helmet, IMO a very rare example and will go much higher than what its currently sitting on.
    Notice the chin-strap studs are much higher up the shell what is normally seen on these lids, a design flaw with these helmets that changed pretty quickly from the first batches of helmets.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...501856762&rd=1

Well worth a look...

Hi there ,
    thanks for showing ..I.M.O !!
    i think this type of helmet has not drawn much attention in the past ......
    now we realize they are far more interesting ( and rare ) than people ever thought ? ,Michael.

Comment

Yes, thank you. I've been looking for a nice one for a while but I imagine in the end it will go for a pretty good sum!

eric

Comment

Hi,
        I'm glad you guys appreciate this type of lid.
        Strangely enough another has appeared and is no where near as good an example as the first one, but still just as rare......
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I was at Edinburgh castle recently, I had a walk through the museum, there was one of these lids in the "D-Day" section,the first thing that I noticed....It was a "Fake"! It is a later model,(post war) with the chin-strap studs where you normally see them, around 25mm from the rim.
        I was disappointed to say the least, and concluded that if the Largest castle in Scotland doesn't have a real one...why not?...unless they were rarer than I thought.
        In fact they are probably so rare, I should maybe have kept it to myself but I reckon it'll go outta my budget, and since most at this forum likes quality........I couldn't help but post it up.

I don't have a cut in the final price either,- just in case somebody thinks I'm trying to get more money for a lid I maybe have shares in......... .......

Comment

Nice helmet, I'm just not too fond of the netting?

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts
            Nice helmet, I'm just not too fond of the netting?

Thanks, from Jack.
            I'm unsure about the netting/hessian cover.I did think it a bit odd having both, I don't know how common this was.
            Chances are it's all good though....

Comment

I agree nice helmet but with 1950's camo and a tad pricey .Rob.
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X