Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Black Watch Collection !

Hi Guy's!
    Here are some Pic's of my 2 Black Watch Showcases.
    Please don't ask for the prices in the Cases, here is nothing to sell.
    For sure, I have some doubles, you can ask for them.
    If anybody want's to see a detail, just ask, I post a pic.
    Nicholas
    Attached Files

Case 1a
    Attached Files

Comment

Case 1b
      Attached Files

Comment

Case 2a
        Attached Files

Comment

Case 2b
          Attached Files

Comment

A nice collection for sure. Always interested in what people collect......I notice you have only one pair of shoulder titles.........do you have another tray for these?

Steve.

Comment

As I wrote, The doubles are in an extra place. In here I have only 1 each. Also with the Cap Badges. Like Victorian, WW I, WW II, QEC, Officers, NCO's, OR's. Highland Cyclists and so on.
              Nicholas

Comment

Heres an interesting pair for you. Ray Wetslake the author of Military Metal Shoulder titles (the bible!) refers to these as possibly pipers. Most interesting.

Steve.

Comment

Great badge collection Nicholas

Have you got a plastic economy BW in there?

My great great uncle was in the BW in WW1. I think his name was Joe Scott. His number was 5291. Any of you medal fiends got any info on him?

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

There were no Joe Scotts in the Watch........however there are two Joseph Scotts.............which one is your relative?

8159 Pte. to Acting Sergeant - Almost sure he was wounded or invalided out.

or

S-25719 Pte. - Looks to be a late war conscript.

My own relative served in the Boer War with the Royal Highlanders. So far Ive been unable to track him down.

Steve.

Comment

Hmmm thanks for that Steve, but unfortunately I don't think it is either. He served in the Boer War and continued to serve in WW1 if I'm correct?

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Did he have another forename Jack? If he has another intial that could explain why I havent found him.

The regimental number 5291 belonged to two men:

5291 Private Rogers

S/5291 Private Forrester

Steve.

Comment

Sorry, but I never found a plastic one, what was good enough for my collection.
                          Nicholas
                          Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts
                          Great badge collection Nicholas

Have you got a plastic economy BW in there?

My great great uncle was in the BW in WW1. I think his name was Joe Scott. His number was 5291. Any of you medal fiends got any info on him?

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Great badges! Very nice to see Black Watch items...especially during what might be the twilight of the Senior Highland Regiment...

I'll have to dig out some of my Black Watch of Canada collection for you and the others to see.

Cheers!

Adam

Comment

Can you post some close ups of the NCOs bi-metal badges please? Do they dissemble?

The only one that I've got is of fixed construction, I've always assumed it to be a fake (well, a day after I bought it about 20 years ago I decided that it was fake & got my money back from the dealer - he was so overjoyed that he told me to keep the badge).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X