No announcement yet.

1944 Para Beret Original or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything looks OK. Except the war department stemp. There should be an M above the arrow for 1944 if I am correct. It also looks a little bit sloppy. I hope somebody can help you with it.

Comment

Hi Allan,
      Everything looks good to me. The WD stamp isn't as clear as you would like it to to be but if you were to go to all the trouble of faking the other points why cock it up with a stamp that is tucked away inside
      I have put a link below to a thread that might make more sense than me

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ighlight=beret

Regards
      Irv

Comment

It does have all the features that someone would expect to see on a period beret. The absence of the "M" or "Z" code letter above the WD stamp isn't necessarily something to worry about, plain WD stamps do exist on period examples.

I 've seen this on '45 dated Kangol berets, the question is, are there '44 dated examples with this feature?

Best regards,
        Giorgos

Comment

It does have all the features of a good one, but still I have some doubts.
          I will research a bit further.

Cheers

Comment

Thank you all very much for your comments. Some positive and some not.
            However, even the positives have a "but" at the end of them, so not for my collection.

Kind Regards

Allan

Comment

Allan,
              with these additional pics i see no red flags and what the lack of M/Z concern that isn't a problem at all i have seen many without these letters and they were all good specimens. Some of the members are paranoid which is understandable but in this case
              Christian

Comment

Originally posted by border85 View Post
                There should be an M above the arrow for 1944 if I am correct.
                That's 100% gossip a 1944 dated could also be stamped with the letter Z or none

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X