WW2 British Helmet 1942 with Stamp Marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 British Helmet 1942 with Stamp Marks

I've been given this (I think) WW2 British Helmet. I know very little about British helmets, I would be grateful for any information - it has the owners name written on it Musgrave and is stamped AG/C MK1 B2 - 1942. Do the stampings and helmet colour have any particular significance ? Cheers
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

This is a Canadian helmet made by Aluminium Goods ltd. Toronto. Nice original helmet.

Comment

Thanks for the help Laurens. I slipped into gear and found a list of helmet makers. Looking over my helmet, found markings on the liner 6 7/8" VMC II which tallied up with a liner list I found - Viceroy Manufacturers Canada 1940-45 makes it a 100% Canadian helmet. I take it, these Canadian helmets were only issued to the Canadian forces?

Comment

I'm not sure if canadian helmets were issued to the British. But it could be possible because the British did use canadian made battledresses and webbing.

Comment

Hello Laurens,
            Once again thanks for the information.

Comment

NIce canadian MKII.

Phil.

Comment

Is

Is there any marking stamped into the "cross" straps of the liner ??..

Comment

Yes, Gary,
                  Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly enough, the liner markings were stamped on the cross straps - 6 7/8" VMC II
                  Cheers

Comment

Nice all original unmessed with Mk II
                    The cross strap should as well bare the date of manufacturer as to the producer of the helmet body AG/C Aluminum Goods Company of Canada they only held a contract for one year 1942 and produced only approx 66,000 helmet bodies.
                    It is believed that a good many of these found there way in to the service of the RCAF now as the production number only represents about 5% of all war time manufactured Mk II helmet bodies in Canada between 1940-1943 this makes these rather hard to source and a definite feather in the cap for a collector of Canadian Tinlids .

Regards Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X