Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identified Footlocker to JC Arbuthnott, son of Maj. Gen RK Arbuthnott

Hello everyone.
    I just got back from my local auction house and I picked up this footlocker of WWII era royal navy uniforms and such. Upon researching this I found out that it belonged to JC Arbuthnott. I know he was the son of Maj. Gen. RK Arbuthnott who was in the Black Watch Regiment. In this locker are several packing papers that are addressed to JC as well as one that is addressed to RK. A lot of these papers as well as the locker itself have addresses that are in Perth and Edinburgh, Scotland. Also included are 3 pairs of pants, a khaki shirt, a coat with insignia, a pair of plad pants (which I think belonged to RK), several shoulder boards, his ribbon bars, 3 visors, and his boyhood hat. I do not collect commonwealth stuff so I was wondering if this set is significant at all? Any information on this set would be helpful. I have included pictures of everything that I thought was important, including names written on the uniforms and papers. If you would like some more pictures of these items, please let me know. If this locker is not of much interest or historical significance, I apologize for the long post.
    Thanks, Hayden
    jc1.jpeg

jc2.jpeg

[ATTACH]3152753[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3152754[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3152755[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3152756[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3152759[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3152760[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3152761[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3152762[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3152763[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3152764[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3152767[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3152768[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3152769[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3152770[/ATTACH]

Comment

jc17.jpeg

Again, I do apologize if I am going overboard but since this is not my area of collecting I want to provide as much detail as possible in order to get the most information possible.
                  Thanks, Hayden

Comment

Anyone on this grouping? Not my area.

Comment

Dont be sorry, this is a delightful grouping , some of it post war but a nice lot .

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
                        Which pieces are post war?
                        Thanks, Hayden

Comment

Just wonder why the Trews are No.1A Tartan worn by the Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders and not No.1 Tartan as for the Black Watch.

Comment

Also saw the NSN what was introduced in 1974, so it might not belong to the guy's.

Comment

Cool this one belongs to John Campbell Arbuthnott the 16th Viscount of Arbuthnott

Trews are most likely his clan tartan which is slightly different than Black watch

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X