Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish Badges on Battle-Dress Jacket.

Goodmorning!

I need some help with these emblems, since I have absolutely no knowledge of these.I would like to know from which period these are.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards Rauchtarn
    Attached Files

Rauchtran - the jacket, from what I can see, is a WWII British tunic with Polish paratrooper insignia on it.

There was a 1st Independent Parachute Brigade (Poland) which dropped at Arnhem with the British. Jackets to them would be very collectible and very expensive! Here is a link to a US jacket with Polish insignia on it. You can compare the look - notice the colour of the shoulder tab - to yours. http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/usuniforms.htm

Very hard to say much without actually handling the jacket but collar patch in particular does not look as if it has been in place for a long time. That is just my impression, however, based on a very restricted view of the badge. Sadly, a lot of old tunics are being 'made up' these days by adding badges, real or repro. I'm not suggesting that this one is a fake but if you are considering buying it you should get and experienced collector to look at it for you.

I hope this is some help.
    Peter

Comment

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your detailed explanation on this subject.I appreciate this very much!

Kind Regards,Rauchtarn.

Comment

I'm quite certain the collar badges are fake and recently mounted as Peter pointed out. The Poland titles look fine.

Luc

Comment

Luc,thanks for your info!

Kind Regards,Rauchtarn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X