• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Cross Group good or bad?

What say ye?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I don't have any idea. But if it is I really love it!

Comment

Not good at all!

Comment

Looks awesome , but i think it must be too good to be true , there a bit too much dirt on the ribbons . Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I'm a newbie in this area but everything about this MB screams run away to me! Even the 39-45 star looks fishy. With sewn in medals how can they be polished new around the sewingthread

kr. Thomas

Comment

Sewn medals are common in this type of mounting. The features on the cross are soft and well rounded. Should be sharper and crisp with almost sharp edges IMHO.

I'm guessing there's no provenance at all?
              Last edited by RobDekk; 02-13-2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Quick search of the Gazette and name not found there so but that is not always 100%

Comment

I agree with the other comments; it looks suspicious to me, especially since it's to a Parachute Regiment officer. The name should be easy enough to research.
                  Court mounted medals that dirty make me wonder. I would LIKE to believe the group is authentic, but...........
                  The elite units seem to always be those with the most faked items.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Like the rest of the guys this looks very suspicious.
                    The MC looks soft, provenance is vital on any set like this.
                    Where did you get the set from?
                    Best - Greg

Comment

http://www.pegasusarchive.org/arnhem/frames.htm

What I found

Unit : No.6 Platoon, "B" Company, 11th Parachute Battalion
                      Army No. : 105015
                      Awards : Military Cross

During the operations at Arnhem, Lieutenant Blackwood, by his courage, leadership and devotion to duty, held together the men in his sector against the most enormous odds. Time and again with a handful of men he beat off attacks. He never troubled about his own safety. He was never to be found in a trench at a time when the fire was heavy. He was always going round his positions steadying and cheering his men. For five days and nights without rest he held his sector, and whether he was beating off attacks by day or leading patrols by night, he always showed himself to be a leader of the highest order.

I know to little about medals to give a opinion.

Comment

Thanks guys. Compared to pictures of other MC's I found on the forum, this one looks too smooth and rounded to me, just like others have said here. I had my concerns about it, so I was looking for confirmation.

Comment

As I said not good at all run away fast!. Everything in this group is a copy!

Comment

Not only Para but Arnhem too! All it needs is 'this old guy died and his nephew found this in the attic and sold it to a guy in a pub...'

Comment

The MC is a fake. Could have been a replacement for the group (who knows), but bottom line nothing of value unless you have iron clad provenance that they came from the family. The other medals are a dime a dozen. Better pics would help to determine if they are period or not either.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X